Verification Request Information
So you received a pesky email requesting either payment or license verification. Here you will find answers as to why, how and what your options are.
Please note: these verification happen only on opening a new account and once your account is verified you should not have to re-verify.
Payment verification is required when all of the following are met:
- First time customers
- Orders over a specific dollar amount
- The requested shipping address is different from the billing address and/or the billing address does not match your bank records
- 95% of all fraudulent activity happens when a shipment is sent to an alternative address (other then the address your bank has on file). We proactively fight fraud by verifying orders that fall under those high risk categories (matching the requirements above).
- We ask that you simply log in to your bank/credit card account (online or mobile) and take a screenshot of the charge within your transactions. The premise is that only an authorized user has access to online account information as opposed to an identity theft or stolen card where only card information is available. (Instructions on taking a screenshot are included in the verification email request.) No sensitive information should be displayed in your online banking however you are welcome to blur out anything you feel uncomfortable sending.
What if I don’t want to provide the verification?
- No problem at all! We are happy to:
- Cancel your order and fully refund the amount paid back to you
- Cancel your payment so you can make payment through Paypal (their verification method is different and we will only ship to verified addresses through Paypal)
As always, if you have any questions, just ask! We are happy to help.
We require that all customers be in accordance with state board of cosmetology law. In the majority of states, this means that you must hold a Salon Owner, Cosmetology or Aesthetics license. We perform random verification on new customer accounts using online state board databases.
If we can not confirm that the proper license is help, we will simply request your state and license number (and possibly a copy of your license) to verify your account.
If you have any questions as to your state’s requirements or the verification process please contact us.